Thursday 22 March 2012

I am in love with myself, my thoughts my mind
on my own in a sweet fresh sunny afternoon room
letting insects in
to pat around the windows and die on the sills
My hands have channeled my grandfathers two
and my father one
and made bread and music and lifted the bottle
which I never saw them do
and how different and differently I feel
to when I hang
in apparent numbness
with my speech clear and true
sunk deep inside
no music
quick replies
detached
I have sunk so far in hatred
that I can now stand on the bottom
and this feeling is just as ephemeral
I wish I'd traced my diet and sleep
to recreate it
Time is moving slowly
or not at all
or I am removed...
Now I am too tangled
I am back in the sunny room
and my thoughts have crowded in
and I will not write a word again for a month or two...

No comments:

Post a Comment